Favorite things

...These are a few of my favorite things. 
When the dog bites when the bees sting when Im feeling sad, I simply 
remember my most favorite things and then I don't feel so bad..

Ok now that I got that out of the way I'm going to share a few of my favorite things.
It's like Oprah but with a lot less stuff and you have to buy it yourself, so kind of different.

The first is a cordless vacuum by, Electrolux for hard surface floors. In our house there is only 2 rooms that don't have hardwood or tile so sweeping is a drag. I was given this as a house warming gift and I have never looked back. With a husband and a dog our floors are always in need of a quick clean. This is perfect! I probably use it everyday. The fact that it's cordless is a huge plus. I keep it plugged in in my pantry so I can whip it out at a moments notice. The swivel head is perfect for getting under the table and hard to reach corners. It also has a hand vacuum built in, just push a button, put on the smaller attachment and presto, a small cordless hand vacuum. I honestly could not be happier with this little guy.



Swiffer Dust and Shine with Febreze (lavender vanilla is my favorite sent.) Sometimes when I go to the store and I don't have a lot to get I will go in the cleaning aisle and pick something new to try out. This must have been my lucky day because I picked out one of my favorite cleaners EVER! It says it works on multiple surfaces like wood, granite ect. and since I have a metal top dining room table I though I would give it a go to get the dust off. Not only did it get the dust off and make my house smell amazing in the process but it shined and got rid of finger prints and water spots that had been there for longer then I care to say. I suggested that my mom buy it for her stainless steel fridge because like most people she could not find something that she liked and it worked like a charm! So whether it's wood, countertops, stainless steel, leather couches (yep I use it for them too) this spray is perfect. Although I do not recommend holding the can backwards and spraying your entire face. It may make your face smell good but it is just a little greasy, just saying.



Dyson I don't think I have to tell you that Dysons are awesome, but I'm going to anyway. Dysons are awesome! A year ago we had a little remodeling done at our house and we used our dinky old vacuum to clean up the mess but I could still feel the dust in the carpet. No matter how many time I vacuumed, I even tried my moms Kirby, the chalky feeling in the carpet was not going away. Until the heavens shined down on me and I bought myself a Dyson. Hearing that dust and ruble being sucked up and out of the carpet forever was a wonderful sound. It's weird how if you have something that works good you love to use it. I used to dread vacuuming because I just felt like my vacuum didn't do a good job but now I love it. The house just feels and looks so much better with a clean floor.
If the hefty price tag is scaring you away you need to visit Ogden Rox in, where else, Ogden. You can get a refurbished one for an awesome price.


Magic Eraser I'm convinced these things are really magic and Harry Potter is sitting somewhere waving his wand and making my life so much easier. I love that they don't use chemicals and I can go around my house just wiping all surfaces with the same little gem. The bathroom version is wonderful as well. In just a few wipes the shower is spotless. It also cleans the shower curtain liner with one easy wipe. Am I the only one that has hair color stains on the shower curtain? yes? Sick, well then that doesn't happen to me!
All in all these things are the best and sent straight from heaven or Hogwarts whichever, Im stoked either way.





These Goody hair pins are an awesome find. Yet another "not-much-in-my-cart-what-else-can-I-spend-my-money-on" kind of find. Since my hair has been compared to a horses tail on more then one occasion bobby pins were always this thing that I never really understood. I would use about 100 and still my hair wouldn't stay in place. Until I found these guys. They are awesome for both tight buns or messy buns and keep my hair in place all day.




This Woolite stain remover is INCREDIBLE. I bought this because we have a horse dog living in our home and I needed something for when he is not feeling so well. I have used this in the past and it has worked wonders but I didn't fully grasp how awesome this stuff really is until I spilled navy blue paint on my carpet. I tried to hurry and wipe up most of it with a towel but that just made matters worse, so I reached for the only carpet cleaner we have, and no joke it came up in about 5 seconds. I was amazed! A few nights later Mahzy the horse/dog had a cut on his foot and tracked blood onto the carpet. I went straight for the Woolite and (I cannot stress this enough) the blood disappeared. My dad came over a few minutes later. I told him about the miracle I had just witness so he thought he would give it a go. He took it home and said that he could not believe it, it got out grease in his shirts and oil in the car. We were very impressed.



Comments