East Coast Adventures: Part 2

On Wednesday we made the 6+ hour drive from NYC to Burlington, Vermont. The freeway was lined with thick trees, it was gorgeous. On Thursday we made our way into the perfect little town on Stowe, Vermont. The dense forest, moss covered rocks and the continuos misting rain reminded me so much of Kauai, HI. We met up with some friends that were living there for a few months doing summer sales. They showed us a few fun spots where alcohol was hidden in boulder fields during the prohibition and on sunny days where they like to cliff jump into the river and pan for gold. Every house was what I consider my "perfect house" in east coast style, complete with siding, shutters and colored front doors. Of course Derrik and I had to visit the Ben & Jerrys factory. I was so fun to see where it all started and where some flavors had come to ann end (there was a flavor graveyard, with actual headstones for flavors that have be discontinued) We got to try a brand new flavor that is still in testing and it was delish.

For the next few days Derrik had to work at the Costco roadshow so I was able to relax and drive into downtown Burlington and do what I do best.. SHOP! The little town had a main street that led straight to Lake Champlain. There was an awesome street called Church Street that is blocked to traffic and there is shopping, dining, and street musicians on the sidewalks and in the road. I went there almost everyday to eat, shop, and read. For lunch one day Derrik and I met up with one of his dads old friends that he hadn't see in probably 10 years. Vermont was so beautiful and I'm already wanting to go back, this time in the fall when the leaves are changing and there's a nip in the air.






 


Comments