New Year New Nin!

I wrote this post at the first of the year but didn't publish it. No reason, just forgot.  It's been great with life returning to normal because the less cancery stuff we have to do, the less we think about it.  The downside is I keep forgetting to update the blog and schedule babysitters for Dr appts. C'est la vie!

A lot has happened since our last post.  A whole year has gone by!  [Don't pity clap for the generic New Years joke].  Don't encourage me.

Perhaps the most exciting news is that Nin is done with radiation!  No more chemo and no more radiation!  Those have definitely been the heavy hitters during this process so we're glad they're behind us.


Ring that be-ee-ee-el, ring that bell!


Victory walk out of radiation for the last time.

Nin will continue to receive Herceptin infusions until sometime this summer, early July if everything goes well.  Then the Plastic Surgeon will finish her breast reconstruction surgery.  New year new boobs!




We're very happy to have radiation behind us and equally happy that the side effects are on their way out as well.  We didn't really know what to expect from radiation and in hindsight I would say that it wasn't as bad as we thought but it was also worse that we thought.  The fatigue was worse than we expected but the skin burn wasn't quite as bad as expected.

Nin's skin didn't turn into a charred piece of wood.  Unfortunately she did still get pretty toasty.  The burn was like having a severe sunburn for a few weeks straight.  It continued to get worse for a couple of weeks after radiation then one day it just disappeared, but not before she had some skin flakes come off that were worth saving.




Here is a slideshow of her armpit crispiness progression.








I drafted this post at the first of January. It's mid February now. Valentine's Day actually. Looking back on this past year, I'm so amazingly proud of Nicole.  She's seriously a super human.  I couldn't have done what she did with a smile on my face like she had.  I had a cold this past weekend and barely made it. I'm happy to celebrate this year with my Valentine so healthy and happy.  2018 has started with a bang and I dare say it'll only get better. Always an adventure with this beauty!




Comments