BDHP-New Foster

When me and Derrik started to foster we thought we would do one foster this fall and do another in the spring, that all changed with one email.
Derrik sent me an email about a potential foster last Tuesday. I thought I was going to have to call him and tell him I wanted to wait, but the second I began reading the new fosters profile I knew what we had to do. 
Her name is Callie, she is a 3 year old black great dane. They think she was burned with acid on her back and she was stuffed into a tiny surrender box outside a shelter. They described her as timid and "not a mean bone in her body despite her background." The photos they attached brought me to tears, her sweet little face on this poor frail little body, how can people be so cruel? 
We wanted to say goodbye to PatrĂ³n before we made any decisions and on Thursday, the day after he left, we knew we had to get her. 
On Friday she was brought to our house and she was even skinner in person. It took more then 5 minutes to coax her out of the car, and another 5 minutes to let us even touch her. Her tail was between her legs the entire time and she flinched at any touch or loud noise. We brought Mahzy out and we saw the first sign of a wagging tail. Since that afternoon she is showing so much improvement. 
She definitely has separation anxiety, but she is getting better. She is the sweetest dog I have ever met, all she wants is to be loved. I am so happy that we get to make her happy and help her realize not all people are bad. She will be a tough one to let go when the time comes. 
I just have to say I am the luckiest girl to have such an amazing husband that loves these animals so much and wants to help them. 

Go to Big Dogs Huge Paws to see all the pups that need a home. They have brand new puppy bull/mastiffs.








Comments