I Hate Goodbyes


Last Wednesday we had to say goodbye to our foster dog Patron. It was a hard day to say the least. I knew going into it that it would be hard to say goodbye to some little pup that I would get attached to but I didn't know it would be this hard.
I came home on Monday from work and Derrik told me that he had gotten an email earlier that said Patron had been adopted. I lost it.
On Tuesday we found out Derrik's dad was going to Colorado (where Patron's forever home was) and he would be able to take him there, but he was leaving Wednesday morning, again I lost it. I thought we would have days with him, turns out it was a matter of hours before I would loose my new best friend.
Derrik's dad came Wednesday morning, we packed Patron's things, and gave him a going away toy. He was so excited to get to ride in the car. That made it so much easier then if we would have had to force him into his crate.
Saying goodbye was harder then I ever thought, but it was such an amazing experience.

Please, if you or anyone you know is thinking about getting a dog, look into fostering or adopting. There are so many dogs out there that need your love and so many amazing organizations to help you. Big Dogs Huge Paws is a amazing organization that will do anything for their dogs. They have giants breeds that range from puppies to seniors that need love.


PatrĂ³n and Mahzy

Saying goodbye 

We were lucky enough to have the amazing Ciara Richardson take 
some family photos of our perfect little family.


Comments

Post a Comment