So Thankful



I know, I know I am a week late but I'm doing it anyway.

Every year I try to write a list of what I am thankful for. My first list was an overall, all consuming list, the next year was a little more specific. While all of those things on my previous lists are still very true I want to focus more on one thing. My sweet baby girl growing inside me.

I am so very blessed to be able to grow this healthy little one. I do not take this pregnancy for granted. I often wonder if people get sick of me talking about her little kicks or constant hiccups but then I realize I don't care. Almost a year ago my first little baby was taken from me before I got to feel him, touch him or kiss him, so I will soak up every bit of this pregnancy. While I sit here and type this she is kicking my ribs and sitting on my bladder, and I'm loving every second. I am 2 weeks away from looking at her face that I have been imagining for these past 9 months. I will finally get to meet this little naughty that I feel like I know so well already. When she finally does come I will miss being pregnant and miss this connection that only her and I share.

photo by the amazing Ciara Richardson

Comments