DIY-Fabric Garland


I am constantly searching for fun and easy DIY. Especially the ones that you can use to make a birthday/shower extra special. I envy those women that can make a party look like a work of art with the matching food to the theme. They look so glamourous. So planning for my friends bridal shower I knew I had to do at least one of these little DIY and if it happened to match my house so I can use it as home decor in the mean time, so be it. When I found this fabric garland on the amazing blog meohmymama I instantly fell in love. 
I had some friends over and they graciously offered to help. This project is a little time consuming if you are by yourself but if you have wonderful friends it is pretty quick.
I'm horrible and didn't take photos of the during so Ill use some off the original blog.


I wasn't quite sure which fabric to use, but I ended up getting a silky type fabric.
 I'm sure pretty much any fabric will work. The silk was a little flimsy so the
 flowers are a little droopy but I like how they turned out.

I bought 1/2 yard of each color (this makes about 5 or 6 flowers each)
Fold the fabric a few times then cut the fabric in 3-5 inch strips, depending 
on the size of flower, I decided to do them all a little 
different width to add some variety.


Then cut into your fabric creating points. 
They don't have to be perfect or even the same size points.


Unfold the fabric.


 Thread a needle, Fold the fabric back and forth to make your stitch. Once the
bottom is threaded pull the ends as tight as you can without breaking the
thread. Then tie the ends together. This creates the flower.


 I made a few changes with the last step, instead of glueing the flowers to ribbon (pictured below) I bought twine and looped it through the middle one and a half times. This way I can move them around and in the future maybe add more colors to mix and match for different holidays and events. 

Here is how they turned out. Nice addition to my kitchen don't you think?



This strand of garland is only half of what we made. I just chose to do it in 2 pieces.

If you go here you can see the full tutorial.

Comments