Mom Genes

Hi everyone, this is Nicole's lesser half Derrik. I'm going to help keep this blog up to date with the latest cancer trends and hottest medical gossip. 

I have a lot I want to share in general (because sharing is caring) but I'm going to keep this post short and to the point. We received some great news on Friday! Nicole's genetic testing came back and her cancer is not a genetic mutation which means two things:

1) Nicole shouldn't have increased risk of getting other cancers like ovarian cancer. This also means they don't have to take additional preventative measures like removing her ovaries and other various inside parts.

B) Our kids shouldn't be more at risk of developing cancer in their lives than other kids.

I'm sure our kids will be grateful that they don't have to deal with those mom genes. #NoMomJeans


Comments