The Best Two Years

Me and Derrik just had our 2 year wedding anniversary last Saturday. We will technically be celebrating it next week sometime because we were in Bear Lake with my entire family and that wasn't quite how I was picturing our anniversary to go. But it was a good weekend. It was actually quite appropriate seeing is how our first "date" (the weekend I realized I like this hippy) was in Bear Lake.
Me and Deek dated for over 2 years before we got hitched and its weird to think we have now been married that long because I feel like we dated forever and we have only been married a few months. 
I could not have dreamed up a better husband. We used to always say "thanks for picking me in heaven," and I truly feel that way. When we first met I felt like I had known him my whole life and I knew we would end up together. He is truly my best friend. I get excited to see him when I come home from work. Because of our work and school schedules our time is limited but that's what makes our lives interesting. When we first met I wrote down a list of everything I want my husband to be: spiritual, funny, good with kids, outgoing, motivated, active, ect. then soon realized Deek is everything I wanted plus so much much more. 

One of the first photos together. 7/07

Wedding 7/30/09

Hunstville Parade 7/4/11


Comments