Dirty Pillows


 Recently while helping my mom look for fabric do a little reupholstering (which consisted of positioning and stapling fabric in place) I bought some fabric to redo some pillows that I must say I was embarrassed to have in my house, even if they were hidden in my junk craft room. So I got to it. Surprisingly It didnt take me months to sew them. Usually by the time I get by butt in gear the fabric has gone out of style and the vicious cycle has begun.
Don't ask me what I was thinking when I bought this hideous red pillow at Walmart. But there is an explantaion for the bad color and even worse design. When we first moved into our old apartment we very quickly realized that no normal sized couch would fit down the stairs. Deeks loving grandparents gave us a white leather love seat. So finding pillows that looked good with the white couch and the busy red and yellow curtains (I promise they were cute) was quite a task. I knew when we moved we would have different couches. So getting more and more frustrated I just settled on the most hideous pillows I could find, apparently.
So when we moved into our new house, got ourselves a new and legit couch, pillows were on the mind again. Its seemed dumb going out to buy all new pillows when I had so many, although not cute, sitting at home. Plus its so hard to find the right pillow for the right price. So when I found this cute fabric I knew I had to recover my existing treasures.



The beautiful white couch and even better pillow. Before.
(I hope you picked up the sarcasm)

 Pillow after. Better right?.. hopefully.

 Sorry for the bad photo, I never said I was a photographer.

Comments